Well-Known English Dictionaries
- Your Dictionary. The #1 Online Dictionary gives you definitions, thesaurus entries, spelling, pronunciation, and etymology results.
- Vocabulary. The world's fastest, smartest dictionary: Start typing a word and you'll see the definition.
- Dictionary of Spanish. With over 54,000 entries. You can enter English word to find Spanish word or enter Spanish word to find English word. You can also hear the pronunciation of the word.
- BabLa Dictionary. Special features include search filters, synonyms, pronunciation, sample sentences.
- Picture Dictionary. A completely free, online multilingual picture dictionary designed for ESL students.
- Visual Dictionary. To learn by way of image with thematic, clear and precise pages, with concise and rigorous texts.
Dictionaries of Proper Nouns
- Forvo. Forvo is the largest pronunciation guide in the world. Ask for that word or name, and another user will pronounce it for you.
- Acronym Finder. The world's largest and most comprehensive dictionary of acronyms and abbreviations.
- Acronym. A big acronym database. New acronyms are constantly added by users.
- Acronym Guide. A Directory of Common Acronyms and Abbreviations by Topic.
- Online Thesaurus. Excellent thesaurus, a dictionary of synonyms by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC.
- thesaurus.com. Quickly find accurate and up-to-date synonyms, antonyms, and related words.
- Visual Thesaurus. An online thesaurus and dictionary of over 145,000 words that you explore using an interactive map.
- Homonym. The list contains homonyms as well as homophones with definintions for each word.
- Context Power. Enter a word to find example sentences from all over the Web.
- Answers. Search for definitions, pronunciation, and even translation.
- Word Reference. You can get definitions in different languages, by Michael Kellogg of WordReference.com.
- WordNet Search. An online lexical reference system whose design is inspired by current psycholinguistic theories of human lexical memory.
- Netlingo. It contains hundreds of words and definitions that describe the technology and community world of the Web.
- Meta Dictionary. This site searches through over 400 dictionaries for the word you type in.
- A Multi-Purpose Dictionary. It is a dictionary where you can find rhymes, synonyms, match consonants, and even search for pictures for the word you type in.