Words with Pictures
- English Vocabulary. Learn the pronunciation and spelling of thousands of words using an image based interface.
- The Oxford 3000. The keywords of the Oxford 3000 were carefully selected by language experts and experienced teachers as the words which should receive priority in vocabulary study.
- GRE Vocabulary. A free site aimed to improve your vocabulary specifically for the verbal section of GRE.
- Dome SAT Prep. Comprehensive study guides, practice tests and quizzes, and smart vocabulary drills.
- SAT Preparation. A vocabulary oriented site that would help you prepare for the vocabulary section of the new SAT exam.
- SAT Vocabulary. PSAT and SAT Vocabulary
Flashcards and Matching Games from Superkids.
American vs. British English
- OZspeller. A Free Australian Online Spelling Tutor & Game with powerful features. Words are spoken by your computer, and a large number of lists for each grade.
- Illustrated Vocabulary. This site offers about 500 words from every day life in English, Dutch, and Danish in different themes.
- Vocabulix. Here you can improve your vocabulary in various foreign languages, online and free!
- Free Rice. One of the most popular vocabulary learning websites, which automatically adjusts to your level of vocabulary.
- A Word a Day. Definitions and example sentences are provided. You can also click to hear its pronunciation. The word is usually difficult.