15. Columbus Day –A Holiday to Remember an Explorer
What day is Columbus Day observed on?
- The second Monday of November.
- The second Monday of December.
- The second Monday of October.
- None of the above.
Columbus Day is named after __________.
- Joseph Conrad
- Christopher Columbus
- None of the above
How many Spanish ships did Columbus lead to claim new land in 1492?
- One ship
- Two ships
- Three ships
- Four ships
Why would some people believe that Columbus did not discover North America?
- He never landed in North America.
- He was only in North America for one day.
- Others explorers discovered it first.
- Historians tend to lie.
Why doesn't everyone think we should honor Christopher Columbus?
- He wasn't an explorer.
- He didn't discover North America.
- He caused natives to lose their land and lives.
- Christopher Columbus was not an American.