1. David and Melissa were a couple ______________.
- who argued a lot
- who lived in a big house
- without children
- with one child
2. They consulted the doctor, who told them that _____________.
- they would have a child soon
- Melissa was pregnant
- David had a rare disease
- they would not be able to have children
3. David took out all their savings from the bank because _____________.
- they were expecting a baby soon
- they were going to have a vacation
- they need to buy a house
- they were moving to another state
4. What does "splurge" mean in "David began splurging on everything he could think of"?
- spending more money than usual on things
- buying things at discount stores
- going on a trip
5. What did the doctor tell them in the voicemail?
- to have another test
- Mellisa was pregnant
- they need to pay a hospital bill
- it was not good news