Why was there a flood?
- Because it had been raining for six days on end in the spring.
- Because there had been six continual days of summer rain.
- Because the river was too small.
- Because there was an earthquake.
What happened when Nancy tried to herd her cows to higher ground?
- Lizzie slipped and lost consciousness.
- Cows ran in all directions, frightened by the flood.
- Nancy fell down and lost consciousness.
- A tree fell down and hit Nancy.
Where did Lizzie manage to pull herself and Nancy to?
- small island nearby.
- A piece of high land.
- The top of a hill.
- To a farm house.
When did the rescuers find Nancy?
- About 2:00 a.m.
- About 10:00 o’clock.
- About 2:00 p.m.
- At noon.
Why did the rescuers take Nancy to the school gym?
- Because the school gym was clean.
- Because the school gym was on an island.
- Because Lizzie was there.
- The school gym is a place for people to live temporarily.